- Multi Consol emulator
Copyright (C) 1998-2001 by Alastair Bridgewater
This AmigaPPC version is ported by Mathias "AmiDog" Roslund 1999-2001
050122: Made a quick port to AmigaOS4.
010331: Finally the Amiga version is up to date. There is one thing you should know before downloading this release. I've changed the audio.device code to play back audio in both channels. The code used is however similar to the randomly crashing code used in AMP, but with a number of changes. Please let me know if there are any problems with this release. If not, then I need to change the code in AMP, and if there still are problems, I need to fix them for DarcNES/Amiga as well. As requested, this version do have window playback support, it's however using a OS3.1 call, which means that you need OS3.1 to use it and that it wont be all that fast unless you run it on an 8bit chunky screen.
Remember that the ROM files must have a proper extension (.nes/.sms/.gg/.pce/.sg/.col).
- News (from DarcNES site):
- Added a workaround for the very common bad dump of Zelda 2 (the one that is "missing" some CHR pages) (I thought I did this earlier, but I guess not).
- Added a preliminary MSX driver.
- Added a preliminary SC3000 driver (thanks to Marc Le Douarain for the patches).
- Added mode 1 support to the TMS9918 video emulation (for both MSX and SC3000 support, again, thanks to Marc Le Douarain for the initial patch).
- Supports NES/SMS/GG/PCE/SG1000/Coleco Vision among others.
- CD32/SEGA pad and two button joystick support.
- Optional use of cgfx instead of direct gfxmem access.
- Fast AGA support using custom PPC C2P routine.
- NES/SMS/GG/SG1000/Coleco Vision sound support (using audio.device).
- Optional triple buffering.